As we begin a new season, we want to remind everyone of the rules and etiquette for lap swimming. Most importantly, we want everyone can enjoy their time in the water. These rules are particularly important during busy times. The use of the Lap Pool has been expanded to include water runners and noodle users, among other water fitness activities. The Overlee Board acknowledges this and supports the use of the Lap Pool for these water fitness activities. We encourage lap pool users to be welcoming to the other ways our members are choosing to stay fit. Also, please be considerate of the fact that members who use the lap pool represent a wide range of ages and abilities. So come on in – the waters great!
- Pick your lane according to your speed. Faster swimmers in middle lanes; slower in outside lanes. Change lanes if necessary.
- Water runners and noodle-users should use the outside lanes (whenever possible) and go in single-file to allow for others to use the lane, particularly during busy times.
- If you are swimming, water running or whatever and the pool is crowded, please be open to circle swimming so that others can also use the pool. Please come during slower times if you don’t like circle swimming.
- Always inform other swimmer/swimmers in the lane when you enter.
- When circle swimming, slower swimmers should stop at end of the lane to allow faster swimmers to pass.
- Kickboards, paddles, water running belts and noodles are permitted in the lap pool.
- Please use the kick boards in the storage boxes – please do not use the orange kick boards as those are for the swim team’s use only.
- The lap pool should not be used for general swim instruction except for adult swim clinics.
- Use of the lap pool is adults-only (ages 13 and older) from 6:00–9:00am and after 6:00pm each day.
- Most importantly, keep it fun!
If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to contact [email protected].