Volunteers for O and W Meet
The Orange and White meet is on Saturday, June 13, and there are still MANY open volunteer positions on SignUp Genius. If you haven’t already, please sign up to volunteer using the link of the Overlee website under Swim, Sign Up for Jobs (at the link https://overlee.org/teams/swim/sign-up-for-jobs/
). Orange and White is an all-hands on deck event, and we need everyone
doing their part. There are also numerous other volunteer positions for meets and events during the remainder of the season. Sign up soon, especially if you know that you are going to be out of town later in the summer.
We need your donations for our concession stand on Saturday morning! We would like donations of Gatorade, bottled water, donuts, breakfast bars, bagels and cream cheese, any individual servings of fruit such as apples, bananas, or individually wrapped fruit cups. Coffee will be available as well. Please bring your donations directly to the concession stand first thing on Saturday morning.
Speaking of Orange and White
This upcoming weekend is the official kick-off for the summer swim season. For your planning purposes, here are details for Friday and Saturday:
– There will be practice for the Seniors from 3:30-4:15 p.m. and 11-12 practice from 4:15-5:00 p.m. There will not be any 9-10 or 8 and Under practice.
– Our first pep rally will be from 5-6 p.m. Your swimmer will get his/her team shirt and non-personalized caps. The pep rally will be held on the grassy area behind the clubhouse. If it rains, we will meet in the Clubhouse.
– There is not an official parent social scheduled for this week, but most parents will be socializing/hanging out on the upper deck and grassy area while the swimmers are at the Pep Rally.
– Please arrive at the pool promptly at 6:30 a.m. with team shirt, cap, goggles, two towels, and water. When you arrive, we will write a number on each swimmer’s arm in Sharpie marker. Please apply sunscreen before you arrive at the pool.
– We will take the team photo as soon as the swimmers are labeled. Please make sure that your swimmer arrives at the pool on time, so we don’t delay the picture and the meet.
– Warm-ups will start after the picture is taken and the meet will start thereafter and will run until approximately 11:15/11:30.
– We will be selling Overlee merchandise, please bring cash or check to purchase.
– The O&W picnic will begin after the meet ends. Overlee will provide subs, chips and desserts, and the rest of the meal is pot luck. Please see below for what is asked of each family (by first letter of last name).
Picnic Donations (to be delivered to the clubhouse between 6:30 am-7:30am)
· A-M Salads/Side dishes:
– Enough to serve 10
– Pasta, fruit salad, green salad
– No coleslaw
· N-Z Drinks (nonalcoholic):
– 12 per family
– Lemonade, Gatorade, water, and tea
Please let us know if you are able to provide coolers, each containing 2 bags of ice (unopened bags). We will need a total of 10.
Divisional Relay Carnival Volunteers
Overlee is again hosting the Division 1 Relay Carnival on Wednesday, July 8. It promises to be an action packed night of great swimming. Phyllis Cuttino has generously offered to help with planning the event. If you are interested in helping Phyllis, please email her directly at [email protected]
. We also will have specific tasks listed on SignUp Genius as the date draws closer, but those will be specific to the day of the Relay Carnival.
As always, please feel free to contact us anytime with questions.