https://mspremium.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/sites/150/2023/01/overlee-logo.jpg 0 0 Michael Maleski https://mspremium.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/sites/150/2023/01/overlee-logo.jpg Michael Maleski2014-09-02 08:50:442014-09-02 08:50:44Dog Swim- Sunday Sept 7th 6pm
Dog Swim- Sunday Sept 7th 6pm
Overlee will have it’s 5th annual Doggy Swim On Sunday, September 7th at 6pm.
Members may bring their vaccinated and licensed dogs for a one-hour swim in the Main, Social & Baby pools. No additional registration is required. Please bring your dog on a leash, tags or papers certifying vaccinations & license and supplies to clean up accidents. (sorry, guest dogs are not permitted) Aggressive dogs will be asked to leave the pool area.
As the pools are closed at 6pm:
- Members watching Doggy Swim should go to Terraces & Snack Shack Park
- Members with dogs* should bring leashed dogs to gate at Volleyball Park
- Members with dogs* should remain on the grass until the swim begins.
* Only ONE family member should be on pool deck handling dog, all others should be on Terraces or Snack Shack park to view the fun.
Once the pools open to the dogs:
- No people are allowed in the water
- Gates will be placed to keep canines on the Main Pool side of the bathhouse
- Perimeter Gates will be closed to keep the canines from parking lot
- The pool circulation systems will be shut-down
At end of Doggy Swim at 7pm:
- Members with dogs should exit through gate at Volleyball Park
Additional Doggy Swim FAQs:
- As of 6pm the pool and all other amenities are closed per previous schedule
- No volleyball or grilling/dining is permitted
- Aggressive dogs, female dogs in season, or ill dogs cannot participate
- Normal pool close down procedures will proceed after Doggy Swim and before next season (including: draining pool water to sanitary sewer, washing deck/pool with acid/chlorine)
Come join us for the fun!