Registration Winter Swim 2017-2018
Registration for Winter Swim 2017-2018 opens August 7th, 2017
Program runs from September 17th, 2017 until May 6th, 2018
Sunday Night Swim Program will be coached by Head Coach Brenna Broadus. The Coaching Staff are all present or former members of the Overlee Swim Team. In addition, the Coaches will be supported by a group of Senior Overlee Swimmers who are interested in Coaching.
Before registering please read below
- The Overlee Winter Swim Program runs from Sunday September 17th, 2017 – May 6th 2018.
- Winter Swim is only for Overlee MEMBERS. You will need your member ID to register, this ID number can be found on your summer membership card below the bar-code.
- Payment must be made on-line at the time of registration. No refunds will be offered after October 1st, 2017.
- Swimmers must be at least 5 years old by October 1st 2017 to participate in the first two sessions.
- Swimmers must be 10 years old by October 1st 2017 to participate in the technique session. If you don’t meet the age criteria, contact Coach Brenna to request permission to join the group.
The Overlee Winter Swim program offers a positive environment that encourages learning and provides opportunities for all levels of swimmers.
If you have further questions, please send emails to [email protected]
Program Dates and Times and Session Specifics
The program will be held on Sunday evenings at the Yorktown High School Pool from September 17, 2017 thru May 6, 2018 with scheduled breaks for Holidays and Program breaks.
Two classes will be offered: Basic Stroke Instruction (two sessions to be offered) and Swim Team Technique (one session offered). Please read the details below to be sure you are signing your child or children up for the appropriate session.
Basic Stroke Instruction: Will be held in two sessions: 6:00 – 6:45 pm and 7:00 – 8:00 pm, and will include basic stroke instruction designed to teach swimmers all four swim stokes: freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly. Please note that swimmers must be comfortable in the water, able to submerge and blow bubbles, and to propel themselves on top of the water. Swimmers must be at least 5 years old by October 1st 2017 to participate in these sessions. The coaches encourage all NEW WINTER SWIM and NEW 2017 SWIM TEAM swimmers to register for the 6:00 pm session. Similarly they encourage all returning SWIM TEAM swimmers to register for the 7:00 pm session.
Swim Team Technique: Will be held from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm for all 10 and over SWIM TEAM swimmers. This session is no longer by invitation only. It is designed to provide advanced technique training and conditioning for competitive swimmers. Coach Brenna will be leading this stroke technique session. This session will be limited to 30 swimmers. Please keep in mind that this session does not substitute for a United States Swimming winter swim team. Rather, this technique session augments USS training with intensive technique training.
You must be an Overlee member to register.