Registration Winter Swim 2016-2017
Registration for Winter Swim 2016-2017 opens August 19th, 2016
Program runs from September 18th, 2016 until May 7th, 2017
Sunday Night Swim Program will be coached by Brenna Broadus, Ellie Ellison, Lena Mentyka and Mackenzie Powers. The Coaching Staff are all present or former members of the Overlee Swim Team. Brenna, Lena and Mackenzie Powers were all part of Coach Beth’s Staff this past Summer. Ellie Ellison is a former Coach/Swimmer for Overlee. In addition, the Coaches will be supported by a group of Senior Overlee Swimmers who are interested in Coaching.
Before registering please read below
- The Overlee Winter Swim Program runs from Sunday September 18th, 2016 – May 7th 2017.
- Winter Swim is only for Overlee MEMBERS. You will need your member ID to register, this ID number can be found on your summer membership card below the bar-code.
- Payment must be made on-line at the time of registration. No refunds will be offered after October 1st, 2016.
- Swimmers must be at least 5 years old by June 1st 2016 to participate in the first two sessions.
- Swimmers must be 10 years old by August 1st 2016 to participate in the third session. If you don’t meet the age criteria, contact Coach Brenna or Coach Ellie to request permission to join the group.
The Overlee Winter Swim program offers a positive environment that encourages learning and provides opportunities for all levels of swimmers.
If you have further questions, please send emails to [email protected]
Program Dates and Times and Session Specifics
The Program runs on Sunday evenings at the Yorktown High School Pool from September 18, 2016 thru May 7, 2017 with scheduled breaks for Holidays and Program breaks.
We will be offering three separate swim sessions: 6-6:45 pm, 7-7:45 pm, and 7:45-8:45 pm.
The first two sessions will include basic stroke instruction designed to teach swimmers all four swim stokes: freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly. Please note that swimmers must be comfortable in the water, able to submerge and blow bubbles, and to propel themselves on top of the water. Swimmers must be at least 5 years old by June 1st 2016 to participate in these sessions. Swimmers who turned 5 years after this date may request permission from the coaches to join the group. The coaches are encouraging all NEW WINTER SWIM and NEW 2017 SWIM TEAM swimmers to register for the 6pm session. Similarly they encourage all returning SWIM TEAM swimmers to register for the 7pm session. There is room for 80 swimmers in each session.
Please note that the third session from 7:45 pm to 8:45 pm will now be for all 10 and over SWIM TEAM swimmers. This session is no longer by invitation only. It is designed to provide advanced technique training and conditioning for competitive swimmers. Coach Brenna, Ellie, Lena and MacKenzie will be leading this stroke technique session. There is limited space in this hour and there is only room for 50 swimmers. Please keep in mind this session does not substitute for a United States Swimming winter swim team. Rather, this technique session augments USS training with intensive technique training.