Save the date! The 14thannual Swim-A-Thon is just around the corner! This is Overlee Swim Team’s primary fundraising event. This year’s theme is “Overlee Gives Back” supporting not only our swim team, but Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC). Read below for details and exciting updates about this year’s event.
When is the Swim-A-Thon?
Saturday, June 5th from 7 – 10am.
9-12s: 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Seniors: 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. 8 & Unders: 9:00 – 10:00a.m.
What’s happening during the Swim-A-Thon to Keep Swimmers Fired Up?
- Team support! Seniors will be there bright and early to cheer the 12-and-unders in their quest to swim the most laps, as well as lend a hand, as needed. The younger kids can be their own cheering section for the seniors!
- Parents See Your Swimmers LIVE. Yes, for the first time in over a year, parents can watch their swimmers LIVE and get to know other swim team parents at the same time! Due to COVID restrictions being lifted, this is not a drop-off event and parents are encouraged to count for their swimmers.
- Snap an Overlee Photo. Overlee families and teammates can strike a pose and take a photo under Overlee Swim Team’s banner – “This Is What Family Looks Like”!
- Fun Prizes and Raffles!
- Most laps swam by age group – Overlee Swag from years past (think Back to the Future);
- Donut raffles – One will be held for each age group session – you just have to swim to be entered to win;
- Highest fundraisers – Top two pledge earners receive a lesson from a fantastic Overlee coach; AND
- Each family that donates (pledges and arm chair donations both qualify!) will be entered into a raffle to win a “Dinner for Two” ($50 Gift Certificate) from one of our local favorites – Taqueria el Poblano located at 2503A N Harrison St. Arlington!
- New Overlee Swag. Each swimmer will receive the Overlee Swim-a-Thon key chain – great for keeping track of your keys and/or adding more Overlee swag to your swim bag.
Donations can be made either via: (1) check made out Overlee–that can be dropped off at the Overlee pool lobby (in the swim team lock box) the day of the event through Wednesday, June 16 (to allow swimmers time to collect their pledges); or (2) made via PayPal to email@example.com referencing “Swim-a-Thon” in the comment field.