We are extremely excited to be almost THREE weeks into the season! Before the Swim-a-thon on Saturday, June 4th, we wanted to share some information and to get your swimmers excited. Below are a reminder of the times for each group, some of the activities and PRIZES we will have for swimmers, and some volunteers that are needed.
7:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m.: 9-12 Age Group
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.: 8 & Under Age Group
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.: 13 & Over Age Group
- We will have prize boxes for the swimmers to pick from based on how many laps they swim! All water themed objects or Overlee Colors. Who doesn’t want a dinosaur rubber ducky or some orange sunglasses?!
- The top 2 swimmers (most laps swum) for each age group will win a 30 minute lesson with one of the coaches!
- Throughout each hour we will have fun relays, and team spirited challenges for the swimmers to participate in!
- Get ready to jam out to some music, and belt out some of your favorite songs as you swim
- Parent/s must come to come and help their swimmer count laps or arrange for a stand in as needed.
- We also need parent volunteers for snacks/drinks for the swimmers to fuel up on after they swim. Last names A – J bring bagels/cream cheese, donuts, or pre-packaged snacks. Last names K – Z bring bottled water or Gatorade. Food and drink can be brought up to the grassy area when you arrive for your child’s hour.
- We ask that 2-3 parents help us to pick up after the event (SENIOR PARENTS PLEASE).
Support a good cause:
- Bring a canned good to contribute to AFAC. Donation boxes will be set up in the front entrance for the event thru June 11.
- Sponsor a swimmer! You can pledge by lap or make a flat donation. Pledge sheets linked here for swimmers.
- If you can’t make it Saturday, feel free to donate via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “swim-a-thon” in the comments section.
DONATIONS WILL GO TO SUPPORT YOUR SWIMMERS AND A SMALL PERCENTAGE WILL ALSO GO TO AFAC TO SUPPORT OUR FELLOW ARLINGTON FAMILIES IN NEED.