Scroll to top
Age and Ability
- Children who are not toilet-trained must be wearing clothing designed to keep diapers contained when in the water.
- Children who are not toilet-trained may not enter the main pool or the lap pool.
- The Baby Pool is limited to children ages 6 and under. The baby pool is intended for children who, because of age or limited swimming ability, may not safely or comfortably use other pools. They must be accompanied by and under the supervision of an adult or adult-designated babysitter at all times.
- Children ages 3-and-under may use the social pool and baby pool during break times, provided that each child is accompanied in the water by an adult or adult-designated babysitter.
- Children may swim in water over their shoulders provided they have passed the basic swimming test which consists of both:
- swimming 60 feet freestyle with breathing, and
- treading water for one minute.
- Children under age 10 must always be accompanied by and under the supervision of an adult member or adult-designated sitter.
- Children under age 13 must be accompanied by an adult or adult-designated sitter after 6 p.m.
- During break times, all those under age 16 must exit the pool, except those age 3-and-under as mentioned above
- After 6 pm, children under age 13 may not use lap lanes in the lap pool.