Overlee has a strong group of dedicated lap swimmers who swim and socialize for fun and fitness. Many of our lap swimmers are in the heated lap pool April through October with the Extended Season Pass available to all Overlee members over age 13 for an additional cost (allowing swimming 4 – 5 weeks prior to Memorial Day and through Columbus Day weekend). With a variety of fitness levels and goals, all members are welcome to use the lap pool, although it is adults-only for Early Bird (6:00 – 9:00 am) and after 6:00 pm in the evening. Swimmers of all abilities and other water fitness enthusiasts are welcome. If you have questions, contact our lap swimming Board Chair at email@example.com or just hop in for a few laps!
Overlee has the following guidelines related to use of the heated Lap Pool so that everyone can enjoy their time in the water. These rules are particularly important during busy times. The use of the Lap Pool has been expanded to include water runners and noodle users, among other water fitness activities. The Overlee Board acknowledges this and supports the use of the Lap Pool for these water fitness activities. We encourage lap pool users to be welcoming to the other ways our members are choosing to stay fit. Also, please be considerate of the fact that members who use the lap pool represent a wide range of ages and abilities.
Lap Pool Rules/Guidelines:
- Pick your lane according to your speed. Faster swimmers in middle lanes; slower in outside lanes. Change lanes if necessary.
- Water runners and noodle-users should use the outside lanes (whenever possible) and go in single-file, especially during busy times.
- If you are swimming, water running or whatever and the pool is crowded, please be open to circle swimming so that others can also use the pool. Please come during slower times if you don’t like circle swimming.
- Always inform other swimmer/swimmers in the lane when you enter.
- When circle swimming, slower swimmers should stop at end of the lane to allow faster swimmers to pass.
- Kickboards, paddles, water running belts and noodles are permitted in the lap pool.
- Please use the kick boards in the storage boxes – please do not use the orange kick boards as those are for the swim team’s use only.
- The lap pool should not be used for general swim instruction except for adult swim clinics.
- Use of the lap pool is adults-only (ages 13 and older) from 6:00 – 9:00 am and after 6:00 pm each day.
- Most importantly, keep it fun!
If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Few Important Safety Considerations
- Use feet-first entry or shallow racing dives.
No diving when other swimmers are present in your lane.
- Inform the other swimmer(s) in your lane before changing lane flow
- Stay to your side.
- Be aware of other swimmers who may be entering or crossing your lane.
Some swimmers will need to cross lanes to get to and from the stairs.