Overlee will continue to take applications for lifeguards but are not taking any more applications for attendants.
The Overlee Community Association will begin the hiring process on January 9th, 2023 for a variety of jobs to manage our facilities, provide for the safe enjoyment of our pools, and assist members and guests.
Although there are deadlines listed for applications, we accept applications continuously throughout the year. Your application will be retained, and we will contact as the need arises. If you do not apply by the deadline, your preferred position may not be available.
Process for hiring our Summer Operations Staff is described below (Assistant Managers, Manager Trainees, Lifeguards, Attendants, & Lesson Instructors)
We do not accept applications for coaching positions. Please see the team page.
Application Paperwork Steps
If you have any questions please email Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- Application: Anyone wishing to work at Overlee must fill out an application using the link below.
- Link for the online application: 2023 Application Form
- Confirmation Response: A response is seen when you submit your application. This is NOT a notice of acceptance! If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Carbonara, email@example.com.
- Offer Emails: An email containing an offer for employment will be sent to all staff hired for the 2023 season. Applicants must respond accepting the position by date in the offer letter. All offers of employment are contingent on turning in all required paperwork and attending a mandatory meeting in May.
- Letter of Application Retention Emails: An email is sent to applicants who are not hired during the initial hiring process, or do not make the deadline for application. Overlee will keep information on file for one year. When we are in need of more employees during the season, we will contact the applicants with an offer letter.
If you submit an application but did not receive a hiring decision by dates below, please contact Melissa Carbonara at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 Hiring Schedule
Note: If you worked for Overlee last year, but did not meet hourly requirements, you may not be rehired without completing a meeting with Greg York and another manager.
- January 8th: Application made public
- February 5th: Application Deadline for 2023 season
- By February 26th: Hiring decisions received by email
March 19th: Paperwork deadline (See Forms for more information)
Employees who submitted applications after the January 31st deadline:
- Applications will be considered AFTER applicants who submitted an application on time
- Hiring Decision will be made by March 5th
Required Certifications/Training for Lifeguards
Lifeguards are required to complete Lifeguard and CPR certification course and present certification for HR file prior to employment. Please note that Lifeguard Certification verification is a part of the work permit process for lifeguards who are 15 years old that must be completed before employment.
See Training page for 2023 Lifeguard Class Schedule.
Paperwork Open House
Sign Up Genius Link – Use the link sign up for a slot to come to Open House to turn in your paperwork & sign your contract. If you are not able to make any of the dates & times, please contact Melissa at email@example.com to make other arrangements.
- Sunday, March 5th 11am-5pm
- Sunday, March 12th 11am-5pm
- Sunday, March 19th 11am-5pm
These dates and times are tentative and are subject to change.
(See Forms for more information)
Mandatory Employee Meeting
- Sunday, May 21st 5pm-7pm. (5pm-5:50pm cookout)
- Sunday, May 21st – Managers & Managers-in-Training will meet from 4pm-5pm
Send questions to Melissa Carbonara, Assistant Manager for hiring, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training and Forms
Group Lesson instructors are hired utilizing the process described above and will receive additional information about the program during the May Employee meeting. There is additional training for group lesson instructors in early June.
Private Instructors are independent contractors, not hired employees, see Private Instructor section for requirements to teach.
All coaches are Overlee Employees and must complete the same Forms and abide by policies in the Employee Manual. Per Virginia Law, all coaches must be:
- 15 years of age or older.
- Certified as a Lifeguard.