The Overlee Community Association will begin hiring January 1st, 2017 for a variety of jobs to manage our facilities, provide for the safe enjoyment of our pools, and assist members and guests.
Although there are deadlines listed for applications, we accept applications continuously throughout the year. Your application will be retained, and we will contact as need arises. If you do not apply by the deadline, your preferred position may not be available.
Process for hiring our Summer Operations Staff is described below (Assistant Managers, Manager Trainees, Lifeguards, Attendants, & Lesson Instructors)
We do not accept applications for coaching positions. Please see team page.
Application Paperwork Steps
- Application: Anyone wishing to work at Overlee must download, complete & submit a 2017 Application for Employment.
- Send completed applications and questions to Carrie Cresson, Assistant Manager for hiring, at [email protected].
- If you are unable to email your application, you will need to make an appointment to drop off the application (DO NOT MAIL APPLICATION)
- Confirmation Emails: An email will be sent for all applications received. This is NOT a notice of acceptance! If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact Carrie Cresson, [email protected]
- Offer Emails: An email containing of offer for employment will be sent to all staff hired for 2017 season. Applicant must respond accepting the position by date in the offer letter. All offers of employment are contingent on attending a mandatory meeting on May 21st.
- Letter of Application Retention Emails: An email is sent to applicants who are not hired during the initial hiring process, or do not make the deadline for application. Overlee will keep information on file for one year. When we are in need of more employees during the season (especially August), we will contact the applicants with an offer letter.
If you submit an application, but did not receive a hiring decision by dates below, please contact Carrie Cresson.
2017 Hiring Schedule
Note: If you worked for Overlee last year, but did not meet hourly requirements, you may not be rehired without completing a teleconference with Greg York.
- Applications will be considered AFTER applicants who submitted application on time
- Hiring Decision will be made by March 2nd
Required Certifications/Training for Lifeguards
May 13/14 & 20/21- Lifeguard Training- New Lifeguards (time 8a-4p)
May 20/21 Lifeguard RE-Training- Returning Lifeguards (time 8a-12noon)
Paperwork Open House
- March 4th paperwork open house starting at 10am
- March 12th starting at 12pm
(See Forms for more information)
May 21, 2017- Mandatory Employee Meetings (5pm-8pm)
- Scheduling/Dinner 5pm-6pm
- Meeting 6pm-8pm.
- All Required Paperwork MUST be turned in by March 11th (Forms )
Send questions to Carrie Cresson, Assistant Manager for hiring, at [email protected]
Training and Forms
Group Lesson instructors are hired utilizing the process described above and will receive additional information about the program during May Employee meeting. There is additional training for group lesson instructors in early June.
Private Instructors are independent contractors, not hired employees, see Private Instructor section for requirements to teach.
All coaches are Overlee Employees and must complete the same Forms and abide by policies in Employee Manual. Per Virginia Law, all coaches must be:
- 15 years of age or older.
- Certified as a Lifeguard.