The Overlee Community Association will begin the hiring process on January 14th, 2019 for a variety of jobs to manage our facilities, provide for the safe enjoyment of our pools, and assist members and guests.
Although there are deadlines listed for applications, we accept applications continuously throughout the year. Your application will be retained, and we will contact as the need arises. If you do not apply by the deadline, your preferred position may not be available.
Process for hiring our Summer Operations Staff is described below (Assistant Managers, Manager Trainees, Lifeguards, Attendants, & Lesson Instructors)
We do not accept applications for coaching positions. Please see the team page.
Application Paperwork Steps
If you have any questions please email [email protected] Thank you.
- Application: Anyone wishing to work at Overlee must fill out an application using the link below.
- Link for the online application: 2019 Application Form
- Confirmation Emails: An email will be sent for all applications received. This is NOT a notice of acceptance! If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact Carrie Cresson, [email protected]
- Offer Emails: An email containing an offer for employment will be sent to all staff hired for the 2019 season. Applicants must respond accepting the position by date in the offer letter. All offers of employment are contingent on turning in all required paperwork and attending a mandatory meeting in May.
- Letter of Application Retention Emails: An email is sent to applicants who are not hired during the initial hiring process, or do not make the deadline for application. Overlee will keep information on file for one year. When we are in need of more employees during the season, we will contact the applicants with an offer letter.
If you submit an application but did not receive a hiring decision by dates below, please contact Carrie Cresson at [email protected]
2019 Hiring Schedule
Note: If you worked for Overlee last year, but did not meet hourly requirements, you may not be rehired without completing a teleconference with Greg York.
- Applications will be considered AFTER applicants who submitted an application on time
- Hiring Decision will be made by March 31st
Required Certifications/Training for Lifeguards
Dates and time will be posted
Paperwork Open House
These dates and times are tentative and are subject to change
(See Forms for more information)
Mandatory Employee Meetings (5pm-8pm) May 19th
- Dinner 5pm-6pm
- Meeting 6pm-8pm.
- All Required Paperwork MUST be turned in by March 31st (Forms )
Send questions to Carrie Cresson, Assistant Manager for hiring, at [email protected]
Training and Forms
Group Lesson instructors are hired utilizing the process described above and will receive additional information about the program during the May Employee meeting. There is additional training for group lesson instructors in early June.
Private Instructors are independent contractors, not hired employees, see Private Instructor section for requirements to teach.
All coaches are Overlee Employees and must complete the same Forms and abide by policies in the Employee Manual. Per Virginia Law, all coaches must be:
- 15 years of age or older.
- Certified as a Lifeguard.